Gumroad Ping is a simple alert that notifies you in real time whenever one of your products is purchased.
The ping comes in the form of an HTTP POST request to the URL that you specify in your account settings. If the endpoint does not return a 200 HTTP status code, the POST is retried once an hour for up to 3 hours.
For security reasons it is highly recommend that you use an HTTPS endpoint as your URL. Appitara generates https://appitara.net url.
Here are the steps to set the webhook on Gumroad:
- Login to your Gumroad Account
- Goto the Gumroad Settings page: https://gumroad.com/settings
- Goto the Advanced Tab: https://gumroad.com/settings/advanced
- Copy the webhook from the Settings tab of the Gumroad App which you have added in Appitara.
- Paste the url in the field “Ping” in the Gumroad Advanced Settings tab.
Thats it, you are all set to receive the messages in Appitara when ever a sales happens. You can even test it out by sending a test ping.